The LPG Association (LPGA) represents all major LPG companies in New Zealand. Click here for a full list of members.
Founded in 1977, the Association is responsible for:
- Setting industry technical and safety standards, and working with members and other stakeholders to promote the safe and efficient use of LPG.
- Working with Government and officials to develop effective and responsible legislative and regulatory environments.
- Producing Codes of Practice and contributing to relevant Standards.
- Ensuring appropriate cylinder filling training is available for industry personnel and producing training materials.
- Supporting members’ efforts to promote LPG.
- Gathering statistical information on LPG use in New Zealand.
- Providing a forum for members to share relevant information and keep up to date with developments.
The LPGA exists to serve the interests of its members. We promote the safe and increased use of LPG. We work to secure a favourable environment for the production, marketing and distribution of LPG. We serve as the principal voice of the LPG industry to Government and the community.
To achieve these goals we will:
- Promote safety within the LPG Industry and the community.
- Anticipate and respond to the challenges and opportunities which confront our industry and members.
- Achieve favourable governmental actions on LPG issues.
- Provide forums for communication within the industry.
Policy decisions and the overall framework for the Association are governed by an Executive Committee.
The Association also has two standing sub-committees, the Technical Committee and the HSE Committee, which creates other committees for specific projects, together with consumer safety and government relations committees.
The Association organises the annual NZ Gas Industry Forum, which is run in conjunction with the Gas Association and the NZ Institute of Gas Engineers. This forum is an opportunity for all industry participants to network and stay up to date with the latest industry trends and developments.
2017 Executive Committee:
Graham Hardie - River City Gas (President)
Philip Dring - Contact Energy
Terry Barstead - Nova Energy
Ray Ferner – Rinnai NZ
Chris Mulvena – Shell NZ
Cameron Jardine – Genesis Energy
Albert DeGeest - Liquigas
Shelly Pellow - OnGas
Tony Smith - Elgas